As we start a new year, the eskimosoup team have taken a look back at 2021 & picked out 21 things we are proud to have achieved in the past year. Thanks to everyone involved in making this social good happen!
1. We launched NIOC Interact, the UK’s most comprehensive anti-grooming & exploitation e-learning platform.
2. Our documentary film, Vaping Demystified, made with Yorkshire Cancer Research was viewed over half a million times & arguably helped influence NHS England and NHS Improvement’s policy on vaping as an aid to help people stop smoking.
3. The film was also shortlisted for ‘Best Health Campaign’ at the CIPR Awards.
4. We worked with young people to co-produce THREE new films for Not In Our Community to tackle criminal and sexual exploitation, one being featured as Adventr’s international interactive film of the week.
5. Our team expanded, with Kelly joining us as our Youth Engagement Lead, a unique proposition in our sector.
6. Tackled domestic abuse in the Humber area with a campaign commissioned by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Humberside.
7. Supported Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner’s efforts to combat fraud by creating the Say No To Fraud campaign.
8. Encouraged young families to create healthy meals with a series of films & recipe books produced for Hull City Council’s Healthy Lifestyles Hull Team.
9. We followed the stories of wrongfully convicted postmasters to produce Two Decades: A Fight For Justice, a critically acclaimed short film commissioned by Hudgell Solicitors.
10. We worked with young people to create Got Your Back Chat, a podcast covering topics that matter to them.
11. Supported NHS Hull CCG on their campaign to raise awareness amongst young people of new covid isolation rules & where to get vaccinated.
12. Interviewed well-known Yorkshire faces for a feature length film launching in 2022!
13. We expanded Hull City Council’s alcohol reduction initiative, The Low Ale Trail Hull, which now covers two new areas of Hull, promoting bars with a selection of low alcohol options.
14. We launched Kooth’s Booths, a podcast for young people to discuss topics that affect their mental health.
15. Encouraged new mums and mums-to-be to access healthy lifestyle support with the Us Mums Need campaign – Us Mums Hull.
16. Tackled abuse of NHS Primary Care workers, working with Humberside LMC & their constituents to develop the #WeArePrimaryCare campaign.
17. Worked with a group of girls to co-produce the Power of Know campaign to raise awareness of dangers in their local area.
18. Created a campaign to encourage bystanders to step up against sexual harassment & sexist behaviour with University of Hull.
19. Launched a positive campaign aimed at helping people with long-term health conditions see the benefits of quitting smoking.
20. Joined a coalition of businesses aiming to achieve citywide Net Zero on carbon emissions with an intent to share best practice & help others.
21. Made a film documentary about the positive & negative influence social media has on young people.
Here’s to 2022 and all of the worthy challenges it will bring!