eskimosoup is looking for a dedicated and confident professional capable of co-producing and delivering educational sessions and media with and for young people.
You will join a small and dedicated team who works closely with clients, partners and young people from a range of backgrounds in order to co-produce early intervention and prevention media programmes across a range of health and social challenges, amongst others including: healthy lifestyles, aspiration, drugs, exploitation, and mental health.
The role will require our new team member to:
- Deliver effective interactive presentations and discussion groups with young people to raise awareness of important and sensitive issues whilst giving them a voice on what matters to them.
- Prepare sessions on a range of health and social issues that can be tailored for delivery in primary, secondary, and alternative educational settings.
- Collaborate with health and social issue specialists to ensure that the information we share is relevant and effective.
- Work with eskimosoup’s project managers, designers, filmmakers, social media managers, and external partners to co-produce media content with young people.
- Introduce and facilitate discussions via podcasts, video, and other forms of media.
- Project manage and lead programmes of work alongside young people and communities outside of educational sessions such as youth clubs, early intervention initiatives, and seasonal programme of work.
- Represent eskimosoup and campaigns at events and operational meetings.
- Use your knowledge and ideas to support eskimosoup colleagues working on related campaigns and projects.
- Work with eskimosoup’s Managing Director to understand how our offer can be improved to fulfil client and community needs by embracing emerging trends and technology.
This is a new role for eskimosoup and is an opportunity to drive a new part of our business.
We are openminded as to whether this would be part-time, full-time, flexi or contracted hours with a freelancer. Our expectations are for pay to start at around circa £13 per hour / £25,000 per annum pro rata depending on experience and capabilities.
There is a real opportunity to progress within a growing and successful team.
eskimosoup’s team works with a flexible hybrid working model, though occasional working with our team from our base in Hull is strongly encouraged.
The majority of delivery of work is expected to be throughout Yorkshire and Humber. Practically, a driving licence and own transport would be required.
Who are we looking for?
An exceptional two-way communicator who wants to work collaboratively to help young people.
Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience in working with young people, including ways to effectively communicate with young people in a range of educational and community settings.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have achieved results working with young people and a good awareness of a range of health and social issues affecting young people in the UK.
Being able to demonstrate how working with young people has led to the creation of media and/or effective marketing campaigns would be a big plus.
For expressions of interest, applications, or if you have any questions about this role please contact John Gilbert, Managing Director via firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies please and thanks.
Please send your CV, a covering letter and anything else that supports your application to us by 30th October 2021.
Having reviewed your application, if this is something we feel worth exploring we’ll contact you to arrange a call between you and our MD to explore the role and possible ways of working before arranging a more formal process of meeting the team and interview.
Formed in 2005, eskimosoup is an international award-winning creative media and marketing agency here to achieve social good.
Based in Hull, East Yorkshire, we purely apply our skills and efforts to important challenges set to us by clients including the NHS, Home Office, Public Health, police, education, leading charities, and socially focussed businesses.
Recognised industry-leaders in combining thorough research, co-production, and innovation eskimosoup has produced several world firsts in interactive media that have been showcased by Ofsted, the National Crime Agency, Education England, the Drum, Public Health England, the Premier League, and the UK Government.