The team at eskimosoup are VERY EXCITED to be commissioned to co-produce a social media brand to achieve a vision so that young people in our hometown of Hull have the knowledge, support and capability to make positive choices for the issues most important to them.
You know what you want and need, so we’re looking to co-produce projects with motivated young people who can speak up and represent young people of Hull. So, we are seeking young people to join Got Your Back’s Editorial Board!
Think that might be you or know someone who would be excited about this? Want to build experience in something more than the typical part-time job can offer?
We’ve put a helpful list together so you can decide if you want a place
of the board:
Aged 13 – 19 and interested in using social media for social good?
Opportunity: A new social media brand to help young people in Hull on a range of health and social issues is looking for 13 to 19-year olds to join as volunteer members of the Editorial Board.
Members of the Editorial Board will have decision-making power about how and what “Got Your Back” should be communicating on which health and social issues. Working alongside representatives from NHS Hull CCG and partners the Board will direct and challenge an award-winning social marketing company to help:
- Make sure we stick to our vision: Young people in Hull have the knowledge, support and capability to make positive choices for the issues most important to them.
- Decide which campaigns, partnerships and opportunities we should focus on.
- Provide feedback on films, stories, campaigns, and how we use social media.
- Take part in research and media creation projects in Hull.
- Create ideas to make this best communications approach in the country.
Who is this suitable for?
Anyone aged 13 to 19 who lives, studies or works in Hull and sees the benefit in things such as: gaining media work experience and skills, helping other people, opportunities to be creative, and making new contacts that might help with your career and other ambitions.
You are welcome to come along to observe or try out being involved before committing to join!
What is expected of volunteers?
- Undertake a welcome process to ensure you are happy with the approach and feel confident in influencing our work.
- Regular attendance at monthly Editorial Board meetings to share ideas, opinions, and make decisions.
- Active participation in ongoing communications through an online platform to challenge each other and provide views on content and opportunities.
Got Your Back will launch in June 2018 and we are looking for members of the Editorial Board to work with us up to a formal evaluation in March 2019 through which ongoing roles will be considered and decided.
- Expenses such as travelling to meetings and events will be returned to you along with providing food at meetings.
- There is a maximum number of young people we can appoint to the Editorial Board and it might be that volunteers are interested in other roles such as work placements, content creation and working on specialist challenge projects.
- Meetings will be arranged and supported by Hull-based social marketing agency, eskimosoup, though members of the Editorial Board are invited to chair meetings on a rotation basis.
- Participants under the aged of 18 will need permission and support from a parent or carer.
To express interest or find out more, please contact:
John Gilbert or Amy Knight at eskimosoup on:
E: email@example.com Tel: 01482 601886 or search “eskimosoup” on social media and give us a message.
We are holding a “find out more” meeting from 4.30pm until 6pm (food provided) on Thursday 26th April 2018 at C4DI, 33-38 Queen Street, Hull, HU1 1UU
If you are interested, but cannot make it to this meeting, please let us know and we’d be happy to speak with you individually. Thanks!